Posted by swen on Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 2:17pm.
Has anyone read the story "The Necklace" by Guy de Maupassant?
If you had, can you give me some examples of a pre-reading, while-reading and post reading activity which I could do with my students in the class? ( students - 18 year olds, learning english as a foreign language)
English - Writeacher, Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 2:35pm
English - swen, Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 2:46pm
Have already chequed every single site but was left without ideas :/ I'll try and think harder
English - GuruBlue, Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 3:19pm
Pre-reading - find out who de Maupassant is and what kind of stories he writes.
Talk about what kind of story they might write with that kind of title, and have them write a one paragraph plot idea.
Reading - write down words that they do not know - and the definitions.
Have them find the problem, the rising action and the denuement.
Have an in-class discussion on how they would behave should they loose something valuable that they borrowed.
Talk about irony in literature and have them write an ironic conclusion to their idea on a story about a necklace.
This site has some ideas also.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Hello! Can you recommend me any poem or a short story ( really short) ...
- English - In the story The Necklace written by Guy de Maupassant what are the ...
- ENGLISH-TOPICS OF LITERATURE - This week’s assignment requires that you prepare ...
- English - Could you check if the punctuation is correct? Thank you. 1) Revise ...
- MATH - Suppose a researcher wants to study the effectiveness of a new reading ...
- Statistics - Suppose a researcher wants to study the effectiveness of a new ...
- basic college reading - main idea of mythMyth 2: You have to read every word. ...
- English - Please answer each of the following questions in paragraph form. You ...
- Child development - create a lesson plan for Christmas So I was thinking of ...
- 8th grade - Suppose a researcher wants to study the effectiveness of a new ...