Posted by courtney!! on .
1) How does alanine differ from glycine?
2) Protein shape can be changed by heat. Egg white is rich in the protein albumin. What happens to egg white when an egg is cooked, and why?
3) Is the shortage of tyrosine the cause of albinism? Explain.
4)Through recumbinant DNA techniques, bacteria have been engineered that are capable of making human insulin, human growth hormone, and a hepatitis B vaccine. These substances are proteins. Why is this significant for medical technology?
5) Bacteria used in recombinant DNA technology are specialized strains that cannot survive outside of a laboratory. Explain why this is important..
For the first part of your post, you might begin here:
ok i understand 1 2 and 3 i just don't get 4 and 5
4) What benefit would that have for diabetics, abnormally short people and people in danger of getting hepatitis B?
5) If it cannot survive outside the laboratory, how can it be effectively used?
I hope this helps a little more.