Posted by y912f on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:20pm.
here are a few questions i'm stuck on:
4. Humans affect the carbon cycle by
a. burning fossil fuels
b. burning wood
c. driving vehicles
d. all of the above
10. Which of the following is an example of ecological succession?
a. a planted shrub growing on a patio
b. mosses covering the floor of an old building
c. a tomato plant planted in a garden
d. none of the above
i have no idea. this is what my book says about ecological succession:
'ecological succession=a gradual process of change and replacement of the types of species in a community. in nature, the process of ecological succession may take hundreds or thousands of years. Each new community that arises often makes it harder for the previous community to survive. For example, the younger beech trees will have a hard time competing with the older beech trees for sun. However, if a shade-loving species of tree began to grow in the forest, the new species might replace the smaller breech trees.'
51. Artificial selection helps to protect an endangered species by controlling the animal's reproduction and protecting the species from predators.
True or false
that's all. :)
Environmental science - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:29pm
Your first answer is correct.
Read the part of your book that you posted here. The answer is obvious.
Check this site for your third answer.
Environmental science - y912f, Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:39pm
so 4 is D
51 is true
Environmental science - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 7:14pm
4 is D.
10. is not C. Ecological succession describes natural, not man-made events.
I don't think the last one is true. Does artificial selection protect the species from predation?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Describe how burning fossil fuels has created an imbalance in the ...
- science-physics - Q1)which of these energy resources does not originate from the...
- science - 1, how much energy is needed to run a 40 watt light for 2 hours. 2. ...
- Earth Science - If we were to increase atmospheric CO2 fivefold by the burning ...
- Science - Which of the following illustrates how fossil fuels can be conserved? ...
- SCIENCE - The burning of fossil fuels cause the earth to get warmer by putting ...
- science - Why are fossil fuels such rich sources of energy for humans, but rocks...
- Science - NEED HELP PLEASE THANK U U R NICE :) Describe how burning fossil fuels...
- science - which of the following is more eco-friendly than the others? 1.Burning...
- Environmental Science - #34. In two or three well-developed paragraphs, name and...