Posted by y912f on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:20pm.
here are a few questions i'm stuck on:
4. Humans affect the carbon cycle by
a. burning fossil fuels
b. burning wood
c. driving vehicles
d. all of the above
10. Which of the following is an example of ecological succession?
a. a planted shrub growing on a patio
b. mosses covering the floor of an old building
c. a tomato plant planted in a garden
d. none of the above
i have no idea. this is what my book says about ecological succession:
'ecological succession=a gradual process of change and replacement of the types of species in a community. in nature, the process of ecological succession may take hundreds or thousands of years. Each new community that arises often makes it harder for the previous community to survive. For example, the younger beech trees will have a hard time competing with the older beech trees for sun. However, if a shade-loving species of tree began to grow in the forest, the new species might replace the smaller breech trees.'
51. Artificial selection helps to protect an endangered species by controlling the animal's reproduction and protecting the species from predators.
True or false
that's all. :)
- Environmental science - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:29pm
Your first answer is correct.
Read the part of your book that you posted here. The answer is obvious.
Check this site for your third answer.
- Environmental science - y912f, Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:39pm
so 4 is D
51 is true
- Environmental science - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 7:14pm
4 is D.
10. is not C. Ecological succession describes natural, not man-made events.
I don't think the last one is true. Does artificial selection protect the species from predation?
Answer this Question
science - Why are fossil fuels such rich sources of energy for humans, but rocks...
science - how are fossil fuels a part of the carbon cycle?
science - Why is the ocean described as the worlds largest carbon sink? ...
Science - Radioactive carbon-14 dating has determined that a fossil is 5.7 x 10 ...
science-physics - Q1)which of these energy resources does not originate from the...
science - 1, how much energy is needed to run a 40 watt light for 2 hours. 2. ...
Science - I have a question re: my Science final: How do "human activities&...
science - Burning fossil fuels like natural gas and coal releases___. a.)trapped...
Phosphorus cycle - Explain how the phosphorus cycle differs from the carbon ...
Life Science - By living in areas where other organisms inhabit,humans change ...
For Further Reading