Posted by Lisa on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 4:58pm.
Could you check these:
Match each term with its definition by writing the correct letter on the blank.
Here is the following word bank
D. direct rule
K. indirect rule
1. colonial government in which officials brought from the mother country rule in place of the local elites.
Answer: direct rule
2. Spanish or Portuguese officials who resided temporarily in Latin America.
3. persons of mixed European and Indian ancestry.
4. governor ruling as a royal representative.
5. persons of European descent born in Latin America.
6. territory that an imperialistic power ruled directly.
7. strong leaders who ruled by military force.
8. territory with its own government that an imperialistic power guided, especially in foreign affairs.
9. domination of the political, economic, and social life of one country by another country.
10. native to a region.
11. colonial government in which local rulers maintain status and authority.
Answer: indirect rule
12. indian soldiers.
13. incorporate a territory into an existing political unit such as a country or state.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - For the following questions, match each word to its definition by ...
- English - Match Each word by definition by filling in the correct letter. Word ...
- English - Match each vocabulary word with the letter corresponding to its ...
- social studies - How did imperialism affect both the colony and the colonizer? ...
- check english answers please?? - Match the definition with the appropriate word...
- crt - To introduce an unusual or unfamiliar word, to coin new words, or to ...
- social studies - The homework was that you had to write a word that starts with ...
- Social Studies- Egypt - Dudes, I need help: (Fill in da blank) Place the ...
- Psychology - I chose the letter to match the following theories and descriptions...
- English - Choose the correct vocabulary word for the blank in the following ...