Posted by Lisa on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 4:58pm.
Could you check these:
Match each term with its definition by writing the correct letter on the blank.
Here is the following word bank
D. direct rule
K. indirect rule
1. colonial government in which officials brought from the mother country rule in place of the local elites.
Answer: direct rule
2. Spanish or Portuguese officials who resided temporarily in Latin America.
3. persons of mixed European and Indian ancestry.
4. governor ruling as a royal representative.
5. persons of European descent born in Latin America.
6. territory that an imperialistic power ruled directly.
7. strong leaders who ruled by military force.
8. territory with its own government that an imperialistic power guided, especially in foreign affairs.
9. domination of the political, economic, and social life of one country by another country.
10. native to a region.
11. colonial government in which local rulers maintain status and authority.
Answer: indirect rule
12. indian soldiers.
13. incorporate a territory into an existing political unit such as a country or state.
Answer this Question
social studies - How did imperialism affect both the colony and the colonizer? ...
crt - To introduce an unusual or unfamiliar word, to coin new words, or to ...
Social Studies- Egypt - Dudes, I need help: (Fill in da blank) Place the ...
Social Studies - I'm doing an ABC book for Medieval words, and I need to do one ...
Social Studies - What is the definition of cowhead? I can't find it anywhere! (...
Science 7R HELP! - variety of plants and animals I have the match each pharse ...
middle school social studies - i Choose "A" is this correct???........Anne ...
social studies - what is a reason of both France and Spain for not wanting to ...
Social Studies 8R - I need the definition for the following words: Fort Laramie...
APA writing - Six diseases/disorders terms, two from Chapter 7, two from Chapter...