Posted by Lisa on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 4:58pm.
Could you check these:
Match each term with its definition by writing the correct letter on the blank.
Here is the following word bank
D. direct rule
K. indirect rule
1. colonial government in which officials brought from the mother country rule in place of the local elites.
Answer: direct rule
2. Spanish or Portuguese officials who resided temporarily in Latin America.
3. persons of mixed European and Indian ancestry.
4. governor ruling as a royal representative.
5. persons of European descent born in Latin America.
6. territory that an imperialistic power ruled directly.
7. strong leaders who ruled by military force.
8. territory with its own government that an imperialistic power guided, especially in foreign affairs.
9. domination of the political, economic, and social life of one country by another country.
10. native to a region.
11. colonial government in which local rulers maintain status and authority.
Answer: indirect rule
12. indian soldiers.
13. incorporate a territory into an existing political unit such as a country or state.
Answer this Question
Social Studies- Egypt - Dudes, I need help: (Fill in da blank) Place the ...
Social Studies - South America lies in the blank Hemisphere and the blank ...
APA writing - Six diseases/disorders terms, two from Chapter 7, two from Chapter...
social studies - the blank blank shows the main directions, which are called the...
crt - To introduce an unusual or unfamiliar word, to coin new words, or to ...
social studies - The Pilgrims hoped to find blank blank in North America.
Social Studies - I am supposed to answer the question by looking at a map: The ...
Social Studies - How social studies in your particular school setting relates to...
social studies - A waterway they hoped would link the blank Ocean and the blank ...
President Letter - I'm planning on writing a letter to the president and ...
For Further Reading