Posted by Lisa on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 4:58pm.
Could you check these:
Match each term with its definition by writing the correct letter on the blank.
Here is the following word bank
D. direct rule
K. indirect rule
1. colonial government in which officials brought from the mother country rule in place of the local elites.
Answer: direct rule
2. Spanish or Portuguese officials who resided temporarily in Latin America.
3. persons of mixed European and Indian ancestry.
4. governor ruling as a royal representative.
5. persons of European descent born in Latin America.
6. territory that an imperialistic power ruled directly.
7. strong leaders who ruled by military force.
8. territory with its own government that an imperialistic power guided, especially in foreign affairs.
9. domination of the political, economic, and social life of one country by another country.
10. native to a region.
11. colonial government in which local rulers maintain status and authority.
Answer: indirect rule
12. indian soldiers.
13. incorporate a territory into an existing political unit such as a country or state.
Answer this Question
Social Studies - How social studies in your particular school setting relates to...
math - After dinner, Amanda, Trey and John received the check for their meal. ...
english - How can we complete the sentence begin with the match. It seems that ...
Social Studies 8R - I need the definition for the following words: Fort Laramie...
SOCIAL STUDIES - WHY DID THE VARIOUS SOCIAL GROUPS JOIN THE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE ...
language arts - I have another question on object of the preposition. In the ...
Social studies - How did social studies began in britain. i.e the history of ...
social studies - what are check and balances?
Social Studies-URGENT - I'm doing a project for social studies, and I want to ...
Social Studies - What are some of the other resources a teacher could use ...