Posted by Cuki on Monday, January 4, 2010 at 11:43pm.
Fill In The Blank.
Read the following report(s) to answer the fill in the blank questions. Place the correct code(s) in the space provided. If more than one code is necessary separate the codes with a comma.
INDICATIONS: The patient is seen for excision of skin lesions of the left ankle and a hemangioma of the waistline with recent changes including size, color/pigment, and chronic irritation with bleeding.
Excision of a 2.5 cm hemangioma on the waistline with extensive undermining and closure.
Excision of suspicious 1.5 cm lesion of the left ankle with extensive undermining and closure.
OPERATION IN DETAIL: After sterile preparation and draping in the normal sterile fashion and local anesthetic, the lesions were approached. The ankle lesion was elliptically excised. Extensive undermining was required in order to close the large defect caused, since the halos of the lesion also required excision.
After extensive undermining, the deepest layer was closed with 3-0 PDS, the more intermediate layer was closed with 4-0 PDS, and the most superficial layer was closed with 5-0 PDS suture, followed by treatment with Dermabond and Steri-Strip placement.
Next, attention was then turned to the hemangioma on the waistline. This was not only completely excised, but it was also cauterized in order to prevent bleeding afterwards, and it was also closed using the deep 3-0 PDS suture, followed by the 4-0 PDS suture, and finally followed by the 5-0 PDS suture. Dermabond and Steri-Strips were also placed on this.
The patient tolerated the procedure well. No complications occurred throughout. Due to the lesions being fairly complex in nature, compared to the average skin lesions, the patient was placed on antibiotics post procedure. She will follow up sometime in the next few weeks for re-evaluation, sooner if she has any problems.
Medical Coding - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 12:05am
Again, you might like some of the Tutorials here:
Medical Coding - Jen, Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 7:48am
Did you ever get an answer for this? I am taking this same class and I am so stuck on this exam. This one is by far the worst.
Medical Coding - neal bolster, Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 2:06pm
no i never received an answer to this question
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- medical coding - what is the corresponding HCPCS Level II code for HCPCS Level I...
- help - Introduction to quadratic equations? If you solve the equation by ...
- Algebra 2 - Introduction to quadratic equations? If you solve the equation by ...
- Spanish: Please check answers - Please check my answers. The nswers are at the ...
- Medical coding - Which of the following would be coded within the HCPCS Level II...
- Spanish please help - I have no idea how to do these. Will somebody please help...
- METRIC CONVERSION - 8.6 dm = ________ m this is how i want the answer fill in ...
- Math - I really need help with this question please Break-even equation. Fill in...
- Spanish - 4. Fill in the blank with a correct expression with tener to express ...
- medical billing and coding - You've started your first day at Venture Outpatient...