Posted by jake on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:18pm.
What cultures and relgion affected the ottoman empire during its expansion?
did people from the ottoman empire convert and practiced religions and cultures from the areas they expanded to.
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:21pm
For the most part, the people conquered by the Ottoman Empire converted to Islam.
English - jake, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 8:11pm
can you give me an example of empires which lost some of it culture and relgion be expanding
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 8:29pm
Off the top of my head I can't think of any. Most empires spread their culture; they don't lose it. Even the defeated empire the Nazis tried to create didn't result in a loss of culture or religion.
English - jake, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 8:42pm
a goal of some empires is to expand right?
aren't their some empires that got the negative affect?
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 8:51pm
Yes. The goal of empires is to expand. There are negative effects, especially when the mother country brutalizes the colonies and the native peoples. Often the victims are seen as the heroes and the empire is morally and ethically diminished.
Have you studied this article?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Art - Which African society produced musical instruments as artwork? Ancient ...
- world history - 16. After the death of Theodosius, the eastern part of the Roman...
- World History - 1. List three rulers of the Ottoman Empire and one ...
- History - 1. All of the following statements about Ottoman expansion are true ...
- English - i require assistance in proofreading and editing this paragrpah please...
- English - this is the start of my second body paragraph, how can i expand it by ...
- 10th grade - What were the complications of decrees in the Ottoman Empire during...
- 10th grade - What were the effects of the Balkan Wars that led to the Revolution...
- history - Why did westernization fail in the Ottoman Empire?
- Social Studies - How was the culture of the Ottoman rulers similar and different...