Posted by Kate on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:00pm.
h t t p : / / w w w . j i s k h a . c o m / d i s p l a y . c g i ? i d = 1 2 6 2 5 5 3 0 8 2
Math - Kate, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:01pm
just in general
when I'm asked to sovle for X in a equation that is set to zero it's not really set to zero at all is it???
X^2 + 4X - 1 = 0
really what this is saying
X^2 + 4X - 1 = dy
Need more info - MathMate, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 8:38pm
The solution to
X^2 + 4X - 1 = 0
The equation is a quadratic in x.
If the equation is given as
X^2 + 4X - 1 = dx
it is missing something, because dx is a differential quantity while the left hand side is a full quantity.
Can you check your question and post again.
You can also help by telling to which course the question belongs, Calculus I, II or III or algebra.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'm worried about my math. 1. Why don't you buy a math self- teaching ...
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - What is temperature when you do math. In seventh grade math is hard and I...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- LNU - math In a class of 50 students it was found 21 are taking English 14 are ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - A fertilizer covers 5/8 square foot in 1/4 hour. i don't understand how ...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...