Posted by Franco on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 6:17pm.
1) The wedding guest hadn't chosen to hear the mariner's tale
2) The storm changes the course of the ship (it it correct to use "course") and is represented as a huge bird (is as correct?)
3) The flowers help (better enable??) the poet to think about his past
4)Nature is endowed with a spirit whose presence is manifest not only in living beings but also in inanimate objects (are the two last words correct?)
5)Nature is described according to (or on the basis of? ) a pantheistic view
6) He could fascinate others (or the others) with his eye
7) The sight (and not the view?)of the flowers inspired (or infused?)joy in the poet / instead of "filled the poet's heart with joy"
8) The flowers are made alive ( or are described as though they were alive???)
9) The poet imagines them to be ten thousand in number (can you also say: imagines they are ten...)
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 6:35pm
1. If there's only one guest, this is correct. If there are many guests, don't forget to make the word plural!
3. Fine as is -- "help" is good.
4. Wordy -- delete "whose presence is" and put a comma after "spirit." The rest is fine.
5. "according to" is fine.
6. "others" is fine.
7. Ignore what you put in parentheses; it's fine as is.
8. This time I'd use the words in parentheses. How will it read?
9. "imagines they are" is smoother wording, yes.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Could you please help me check these sentences, please? I have a few ...
- English - I need to paraphrase the initial part of the Rime of the ancient ...
- English - Thank you very much for your help.Here are some more sentences I'm not...
- English - Thank you very much. I'm posting the whole summary to you again ...
- English - Could you please check these two sentence? Thank you. The deposit I ...
- English - I tried to rephrase them myself. Can you have a look at them, please? ...
- English - Can you check if he following sentences are possible, please? Thank ...
- English 4 - I know this is a Internal rhyme “ The guests are met , the feast is ...
- English - Can you please reconsider questions 1,2 and 3 and tell me if they are ...
- English - Shall I use the present simple when describing the various parts of ...