Posted by Laura on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 4:41pm.
Of all U.S. fourth graders, 71% are assigned mathematics homework three or more times per week. If 5 fouth graders are randomly selected to be checked for this frequency of homework assignment during a randomly chosen week, find the probability that
A.) exactly one fourth grader was assigned homework three or more times that week
B.) no fourth grader was assigned homework three or more times that week
C.) at least one fourth grader was assigned homework three or more tiems that week
AP Statistics - bobpursley, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 4:49pm
so, there are five ways to sort the fourth graders
Pr(one)=5*.71*.29^4=.0251 check that.
c) Pr(at least one)=1-Pr(none)
AP Statistics - sally, Friday, January 13, 2012 at 11:18am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math- Prob Stat - The amount of time a student spends completing homework per ...
- statistics - a mathematics professor wishes to analyze the relationship between ...
- statistics - First graders who misbehave in school may be more likely to be ...
- math - 83 3rd graders 115 4th graders 150th graders all the 5th graders will be ...
- math - Ok, the problem says: a Middle school has 125 6th graders, 150 7th ...
- Math - The two-way table shows the number of fourth and fifth graders who do or...
- Math - There were 20 more fifth graders then fourth graders. 140 students from ...
- mATH - First graders who misbehave in school may be more likely to be regular ...
- statistics - A large school district would like to estimate the mean score for ...
- math214 - Use the following data to justify the amount of time that you expect ...