Posted by sweru on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 10:44am.
I study English and my task is to find 3 activities( On anything, they don't have to be connected)which i can use in the classroom with my learners (5-8th graders).The point is that these activities have to be creative (f.e.they have to make some paper dolls, houses, workshops...etc.)Of course each activity has to have an aim.(f.e.teaching prepositions, some vocabulary words, verbs etc.)
English - GuruBlue, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 11:13am
Check the sites here. Lots of good ideas.
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 11:17am
You might try some of these ideas.
Students could each make a puppet or paper doll. These dolls then could interact with other dolls in a dialogue about a story they've read. They could also act out a scene from the story.
This isn't very creative, but my students always enjoyed bingo games. Each student is given a list of 40 or 50 words (prepositions, vocabulary, etc.) They then print any 24 of these words at random on a bingo card. The class plays bingo with one person drawing these words at random.
(Broken Link Removed)
One way to teach prepositions is to tell the students that a preposition shows any place a mouse can go (on the table, under the bed, in the box, by the door, etc.) Students could illustrate these phrases with simple, cartoon-like drawings.
Another favorite creative activity is making shoebox dioramas illustrating a story.
This isn't especially creative but can be fun and educational.
Good luck -- and I hope other tutors add to this post.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Hello Any suggestions for a game? English learners (15 year olds) The ...
- English - Hello! I am teaching English to 8th graders next week (they are ...
- English - Hello everybody! I have posted a question yesterday on creative ...
- English - 2. Analysis a. The students are not much interested in English class...
- German/ English - Hello! I am a German teacher ( teaching German as a foreign ...
- English - Hello If you had a topic "Murphy s law" and you had to work on it in ...
- English - How many activities did you have on Monday? 1. I had three activities ...
- Early Childhood Ed. - I need help with this question: Classroom activities and ...
- English - Just reminding! If anyone has any ideas on how to teach first graders ...
- English - Questionnaire a. Interest in English class b. Interest according to ...