Posted by Sehr on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 4:24am.
give the abstract noun for:
a) worm: wormthness
b) brilliant: brilliance
c) accurate: accuracy
d) hot: hotness
e) merry: married
f) stupid: stupidity
g) late: lateness
h) secure: security
plz help to correct these answers
- grammar - drwls, Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:59am
e) could be 'merriment'
"Married" is something else entirely.
d) 'heat' is a better word than 'hotness', but 'hotness' is OK. 'Temperature' measures hotness.
a) 'worm' is already a noun. 'wormthness' does not exist as a word. Are you sure 'worm' is the word they want to turn into an abstract noun?
There is a word 'worminess' created from the adjective 'wormy' (full of worms or wormlike).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grammar - abstract noun for: a) worm b) briliant c) hot d) stupid e) late f) ...
- grammar - Nouns Use the following categories to identify each noun: concrete ...
- English - work-abstract noun money-material noun homework-abstract noun food - ...
- Grammar - Could somebody please explain to me the difference between the Proper ...
- grammar - Identify ALL nouns and pronouns in the following sentence. An = not a ...
- grammar - is the new factory will open in June. is the noun concrete or abstract
- English - Question 9 How is an amount indicated for a noncount noun? add an -es ...
- Grammar - 1. Identify the NC in each of the following sentences. Tell whether it...
- Language Arts - What is a concrete-noun? Nouns fall into two types -- concrete ...
- English - 6. Which of the following sentences contains an abstract noun? A. They...