Posted by JJ on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 7:16pm.
Mein Mitbewohner hat alles umgestellt! Gestern waren die Musikbozen hinter (1)_____ Sofa. Aber Jurgen hat sie unter (2)____ Tisch gestellt. Das Telefon war auf (3)_____ Tisch. Aber Juergen hat es an (4)____ Wand gehaengt. Die Pflanze war in (5)_______ Ecke, aber jetzt ist sie auf (6)_____ Schreibtisch.
i just need help with which will go in which..having so much trouble with these. if you can explain why and how it works, thatd be great thank you.
- german - Reiny, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 8:53pm
Mein Mitbewohner hat alles umgestellt! Gestern waren die Musikbozen hinter (1)_dem_ Sofa. Aber Jurgen hat sie unter (2)_den_ Tisch gestellt. Das Telefon war auf (3)_dem_ Tisch. Aber Juergen hat es an (4)_die_ Wand gehaengt. Die Pflanze war in (5)_der_ Ecke, aber jetzt ist sie auf (6)_dem_ Schreibtisch.
- german - JJ, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 8:55pm
thank you. is there anyway you can tutor me/ help me online with my german?
please let me know
- german - Reiny, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 9:10pm
My specialty is math.
There are several tutors occasionally on line who speak German.
I know German since it is my mother-tounge, but if you ask me for the rules, I wouldn't know them.
I just know it sounds correct for the above choices.
We do not tutor individual students as such. All tutors on this website are volunteers and do it without pay. If you have questions, just post them and if a tutor is on line you usually will get a reply.
- german - drwls, Thursday, December 31, 2009 at 12:29am
The word that has to be used for "the" in German depends upon both the type of preposition that it follows, and gender of the noun that follows it. It can also depend upon how a thing got where it is, which makes no sense to me and is hard to explain. Your grammar text should have the rules; I never could learn them all.
My German wife assures me that the following answers are correct:
(1) hinter dem Sofa
(2) unter den Tisch
(3) auf dem Tisch
(4) an die Wand
(5) in der Ecke
(6) auf dem Schreibtisch
- german - drwls, Thursday, December 31, 2009 at 12:32am
I apologize for my delay in answering, and am glad that my answers agree with Reiny. It took me four hours to get my wife to help me; by then Reiny had posted his answer already.
Answer this Question
- GERMAN - Wie war das in der Kindheit? 1. Als ich Kind war, ___ ich immer ...
- german - Anyone mind spellchecking this small text? =) Helga, die früher in ...
- GERMAN! - Can someone please tell me what this means? Wie weiß sie, was sie ...
- German - Fill in the blank with the correct German form. Das Kind ____ die Straß...
- German - Hello, I require help with my German Next week I'll be starting taking ...
- Ms.Sue: German- will you pass this onto the German - Choose the best answer. 1...
- Grammar - Fill in the sentences with adverbs. Do not repeat. 1.______ my friend ...
- German Help Please.... - I posted this earlier but the person who responded didn...
- german - Can someone check if everything is OK? Thank you. Ich habe Weihnachten ...
- Physics - Four charged particles are at the corners of a square of side a, as ...