Posted by jake on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:12pm.
Imperialism can benefit one’s country. Empires can be built by securing resources; however, the building of empires has essentially led to many wars throughout history. Some believe that empires are needed and inevitable. These people would be considered ultra-nationalist. Others believe that Empires are dangerous and cause many unnecessary wars. These people are deemed internationalist as they are trying to promote global peace. Clearly, the ultra-nationalism of building an empire is wrong and should be avoided.
Various people believe that the building of an empire provides secure natural resources due to taking over territories owned by other countries. This ultra-nationalism can actually create a war due to an attempt of trying to take over another country, meaning that you lose resources in fighting a war. Germany's attempt to take over Europe is an example of how building an empire can lead to war. Nazi Germany started to build an empire in an attempt to be a world power. After Germany invaded Poland, both France and Britain declared war on Germany. Many lives were taken and resources were depleted on both sides of the war. Another example of how the building of empires can lead to war is when two neighbor countries are building an empire. When two neighbor countries try to build an empire, their expansion plans could contain similar territories. Neither side of these two ultra-nationalistic states would want to give up land to another.
- English - jake, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:13pm
i need this essay proofread please
thesis is that the building of empires is bad
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:53pm
You need to re-think that first sentence in light of your thesis.
You need to get rid of all instances of "you" throughout the paper.
nationalist = singular
nationalists = plural
internationalist = singular
internationalists = plural
This isn't an essay yet. Here's the pattern for an essay:
1. Intro paragraph, thesis statement at the end.
2. First main point to support thesis statement -- and explanation about this main point.
3. Second main point to support thesis statement -- and explanation about this main point.
4. Third main point to support thesis statement -- and explanation about this main point.
5. Conclusion paragraph
- English - jake, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:56pm
for our essay body paragraphs we are supposed to talk about the what the other side argues and then trash it
- English - jake, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:57pm
sorry for not telling you, but i was not don't yet.... i am sorry
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 2:59pm
So ... you're writing an argument!
Go into Argumentative Essays on this website, and use all the ideas they give you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - i need the intro paragrpah below proofread, i am trying to prove that ...
- English - I need my intro and body paragraph proofread please,for the body ...
- English - I need intro paragraph proofread and edited please source used for ...
- English - this is an intro for an argumentative essay, the thesis for the essay ...
- world history - Which statement applies to BOTH the maurya and the Gupta empires...
- English - Need help proofreading and editing this body paragraph this is the ...
- World History - How did the romans view greek culture, such as art, liturture, ...
- World history - How did the romans view greek culture, such as art, liturture, ...
- Empires - I need help to compare and contrast the Babylonian and Hittite empires
- World history - Inca and Aztec empires were similar in that both A. Developed ...