Posted by mike on Monday, December 21, 2009 at 4:01pm.
| 2 3 5|
A=| 1 7 9|
|-3 2 10|
I need to solve this matrix equation
AX = B FOR X BY FINDING A^-1, given A and B as follows. I am new at this did I write A^1 right? This is suppose to be an A with a minus one at the top.
- Algebra - Anonymous, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 4:16pm
- Algebra - MathMate, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 4:37pm
Given A and B, where A is a 3x3 matrix, and B is a vector of 3, and
To solve for X, we would pre-multiply by the inverse of A to give
A-1A X = A-1B
Since A-1A is the identity matrix by definition of the inverse, we end up with
X = A-1B
To find X, it will be necessary to find the inverse of A, premultiply with B and the result (3x1 vector) will be X as required.
The inverse of A can be found by Gauss elimination, or any other method that you have learned.
The value of X is a multiple or sub-multiple of [17,4,7].
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II (Matrices) - My book doesn't solve it like a linear equation, they ...
- Algebra II - Can someone please help me with this problem. Given Matrix Y= 2 -7 ...
- science - 1 A
... is a rectangular array of numbers that are ...
- Pre-Calculus - Solve the equation 2x + 5y - 3z = -1. Write the general solution ...
- Math - Hi! I need help with these two questions. Thanks! :) 1.) Can we multiply ...
- Algebra help! - Please help and I would appreciate an explanation as to how you ...
- math,algebra II - I have to work with these types of problems dealing with ...
- Algebra help! - 1.) Solve the system by triangularizing the augmented matrix and...
- ALGEBRA 2 (matrix equation) - MATRIX EQUATION [ 3x ] [ 10+2y ] [ y ] = [ 5-x ] ...
- Algebra help please! - 1. Find 5A-3B. A=[6 -5 8], B=[7 5 -6] [5 -4 3] [4 3 -4] 2...