Posted by bindiya farswani on Monday, December 21, 2009 at 4:47am.
i have to write a literary analysis for the poem, "the tide rises, the tide falls". in the poem ive chosen write abt two elements, imagery and symbolism. and ive to analyse their purpose, effect, and place in the literary work's meaning.
thus im just asking where can i get more insight and info for my essay. and could you explain what they mean by saying, analyse their purpose, effect, and place in the literary work's meaning".
english - GuruBlue, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 9:08am
They are asking you to explain how the imagery helps the reader understand what the poem is about.
english - GuruBlue, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 9:13am
This is an excellent example of imagery.
"The little waves, with their soft, white hands
Efface the footprints in the sands,"
This is personification of the waves. They want you to explain how this type of imagery would make clearer the meaning of the poem.
english - bindiya farswani, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 12:00pm
alright....getting a hang of it.....is there any site that could help me understanding more this poem and its imagery and symbolism?
english - drwls, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 12:08pm
Yes. The one I gave you in response to your other duplicate post.
english - bindiya farswani, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 12:35pm
duplicate post? of this question or another question???
english - bindiya farswani, Monday, December 21, 2009 at 12:38pm
oh i got it! thanx!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - i have to write a literary analysis for the poem, "the tide rises, the...
- Language - The tide rises, the tide falls, The twilight darkens, the curlew ...
- English - Hi, I wanted to know if anybody knows or knows a website that can ...
- english - I need help with this question about annabel lee. Identify literary ...
- For writeacher: - I'm sorry but is it OK if I email you this essay that I have ...
- English/help almost due - Longfellow repeats the line “the tide rises, the tide...
- English - Does anybody know the author to the poem The Tide Risen the Tide Falls...
- Language Arts-Poetry - The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls by Henry Wadsworth ...
- english lit - I am writing a paper on "On the Amtrak from boston to new york ...
- composition - I have to now for this unit write an essay about a literary essay'...