Posted by Kelley on Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 7:06pm.
I am stuck on a few problems I multipled by the LCM to clear fractions but I keep getting confused can you help me with this problem?
algebra - Reiny, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 7:12pm
multiply each term by 4
3(3+2x) + 8 > 68
9 + 6x > 60
6x > 51
x > 51/6
the second is really easy, add 12 to both sides, then divide by 8
algebra - Kelley, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 7:19pm
That is what I did but I was told it was wrong...I got 3/8
algebra - Reiny, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 7:23pm
8x < 12-9
8x < 3
x < 3/8
Was there a restriction on x, e.g. did it say x is an element of the integers or something like that?
algebra - Kelley, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 7:40pm
No...this is why I am confused, they say the answer is 0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- fractions - my teacher gave us some fraction problems for homework, but I'm ...
- math,correction please.. - (x)/(x-2) - (x+1)/(x) = (8)/(x^2-2x) I keep getting x...
- math - I know how to do mixed fractions, just stuck on this one...9 2/5+8 2/3+7 ...
- algebra - i have 2 solve by elimination an i keep gettin fractions when the ...
- Chemistry - Help me set up this problem. I have been looking at a few examples ...
- algebra - (2x+3)/5 = -(3x-2)/2 - (-3/2)(-3/2) I've done this problem a few times...
- Algebra 1-Fractions - Or, eliminating fractions, I should say. So, I need some ...
- Algebra - I am confused by this problem. Solve: Clear fractions or decimal first...
- College Algebra - x/(2x-4)-7=1/(x-2).. How I clear this denominator if I must ...
- math - How would you factor this problem? I keep getting stuck. x^2+2xy+2x+y^2+...