Posted by algebra on Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 2:40pm.
(2,4) and (6,6) what is the equation of the line y=
- algrebra - Marth, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 2:46pm
Find the slope, m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1).
Then use the equation y - y1 = m(x - x1) with either point to find the equation of the line.
- algrebra - algebra, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 2:48pm
so what is y= then?
- algrebra - algebra, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 3:19pm
it also says im supposed tp find an equation of the line containing the given pair of points?
- algrebra - Damon, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 4:11pm
Marth actually told you a way to do it
slope = m = (6-4)/(6-2) = 2/4 = 1/2
y - y1 = m(x - x1)
y - 4 = (1/2)(x-2)
2y - 8 = x - 2
2y = x + 6
- algrebra - lisa, Friday, February 19, 2010 at 11:31pm
a drop from 100 to 50 is 50. a rise 50 to 100. will the percent of decrease and the percent of increase be the same.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algrebra - can someone show the steps 6*1/2-4[2-3(4*1/2-3)]=-17 in two step ...
- algrebra 1 - Could you explain in detail how to do the equation (5b4n ) 2 2a6 ...
- algrebra - solve the equation -4(3-x)=3(4x-6)
- Algrebra - find the value of r so the line that passesthough each pair of points...
- calculus - find an equation for the line with the given properties. express the ...
- Geometry HELP!!! - What happens to the graph of the line y = 3x -2 when the ...
- Pre-Algrebra - Solve the equation. 78=-2(m+3)+m -1/3m-7=5 1/4y+9=1/2 x-9=-6x+5 x...
- algrebra 2 - can someone please help me im stumped on these two. use analytical ...
- Algebra - Is it possible to find the slope of a line if the equation has two ys...
- math,correction,&help - Write the equation of the line L satisfying the given ...