Posted by BJ on Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 10:07pm.
A television station is considering the sale of promotional DVDs. It can have the DVDs produced by one of two suppliers. Supplier A will charge the station a set-up fee of $1200 plus $2 for each DVD; supplier B has no set-up fee and will charge $4 per DVD. The station estimates its demand for the DVDs to be given by Q = 1,600 - 200P, where P is the price in dollars and Q is the number of DVDs. The price equation is P = 8 -Q/200.
A. Suppose the station plans to give away the videos. How many DVDs should it order? From which supplier?
B. Suppose instead that the station seeks to maximize its profit from sales of DVDS. What price should be charged? How many DVD should it order from which supplier? Solve two separate problems, one with supplier A and one with supplier B, and then compare profits.
In each case apply the MR = MC rule.
I cannot get this set up to work the problem can you help me?
- Managerial Economics - bobpursley, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 6:55am
a: if price is zero, then q=1600
how many to order is q.
then, cost to order from A is 1200+3200=4400
cost to order from b=4*1600=5200
order from A.
dR/dq=dP/dq q + P- dCost/dq
now, for supplier A
dR/dq=0=-1/200 q + 800-q/200 -2
For supplier B
dR/dq=0=-q/200 +800-q/200 -4
check that, it is late at night.
- Managerial Economics - BJ, Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 10:45am
Yes the B: R=PQ-cost is what I was missing at first, but after plugging it in and checking, it's correct. Thanks
You do great work when it's late!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Managerial Economics - (Economyst Only Please): A television station is ...
- Economics - A television station is considering the sale of promotional DVDs. It...
- Economics - CCM television station is considering selling promotional videos ...
- 4th grade math - Marcia collected a number of used DVDs for teh sale. There were...
- Math - A DVD producer has fixed costs (factory, machinery, and money paid to the...
- math - amos has 12 action , 15 comedy,. and 9 drama dvds, find the ratio of ...
- math i have no idea help please - DVDs are on sale for 12.50 for a set of two. ...
- Maths - DVDS 4 U SALE Price label more than £8-take 15% off Price label less ...
- Math - Carly and Rob combined their DVD collections. Now they have 42 DVDs in ...
- math - leah has three fewer than 4 times as many dvds as Sonia has. Leah has 37 ...