Posted by kim on Friday, December 18, 2009 at 11:09am.
The Identity Function
The Squaring Function
The Cubing Function
The Reciprocal Function
The Square Root Function
The Exponential Functional Lo
The Natural Logarithum Function
The Sine Function
The Cosine Function
The Absolute Value Function
The Greatest Integer Function
The Logistic Function
Only three of the twelve basic functions are bounded (abover and below). Which three?
Three of the twelve basic function are even. Which are they?
- pre calc - MathMate, Friday, December 18, 2009 at 3:23pm
What you need to find out is what each function does, and consequently the range of each of the functions when x varies in the range (-∞infin;).
For your information, the identity function is f(x) = x, thus when x=∞ f(x)=∞ also.
You already know about the sine(x) and cosine(x) functions from trigonometry.
The description of the logistic function can be found here:
The reciprocal function has a vertical asymptote at x=0.
If you have problems locating the three functions, post your thinking.
Answer this Question
- algebra - Give am example of a function f.N N with the property that there ...
- Math - 0.08x^3 + 0.6x+2.8 absolute-value function Rational function Another ...
- College Algebra - 1.Give a quadratic function q(x) with a vertex of (-1, 2). 2. ...
- calculus please help asap - true or false questions: a)The derivatives of the ...
- math please - 1.Give a linear function with its zero at x=a, what is the ...
- Pre Cal - a function f is defined as f(x)= square root of (x+4). a) identify the...
- math - * Give a linear function with its zero at x = a, what is the equation of ...
- discrete math - 1. let A and B be sets. Show that A U (B - A)=A U B 2. determine...
- math-calc - for x (-12, 10) the function f is defined: f(x)=x^7(x+2)^2 On which ...
- Math - Create a function that closely gives the graph given in the link. The ...