Posted by Bernice on Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 12:00pm.
2. Determine the amplitude of:
y= cos x
3. Determine the domain of:
y= 4 sin x
4. Determine the range of:
y= - sin x
5. Determine the period of:
y= 3 sin ðx
6. Determine the phase shift of:
y= 3 cos (2x -1)
7. Solve the following equation for indicated value of x:
y= 4 sin x; for x = ð
8. Solve the following equation for the indicated value of x
y= - cos x ; for x= 4ð
- trig - MathMate, Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 6:29pm
Most of these questions can be answered by the definition of the general trigonometric functions:
y = a sin A(x-φ)
a is the amplitude
2π/A = period
φ = phase shift.
If you can transform the trigonometric functions into the above form and evaluate the values of a, A, and φ, the answers would become apparent.
Answer this Question
- math - What are the equation on these 1. Determine the amplitude of y = -16 cos...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- Math - If f(x)=sin(x) and g(x)=x^2-x+1, find the domain of f(g(x)) and g(f(x)). ...
- math - Eliminate the parameter (What does that mean?) and write a rectangular ...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- trig - Determine the period, amplitude and phase shift for each given function...
- trig/math - Determine the period, amplitude and phase shift for each given ...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...
- Math - Determine whether the function is periodic. State the period, the domain ...
- Math- Trig - 1. Determine the exact value of cos^-1 (pi/2). Give number and ...