Posted by Bernice on Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 12:00pm.
2. Determine the amplitude of:
y= cos x
3. Determine the domain of:
y= 4 sin x
4. Determine the range of:
y= - sin x
5. Determine the period of:
y= 3 sin ðx
6. Determine the phase shift of:
y= 3 cos (2x -1)
7. Solve the following equation for indicated value of x:
y= 4 sin x; for x = ð
8. Solve the following equation for the indicated value of x
y= - cos x ; for x= 4ð
- trig - MathMate, Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 6:29pm
Most of these questions can be answered by the definition of the general trigonometric functions:
y = a sin A(x-φ)
a is the amplitude
2π/A = period
φ = phase shift.
If you can transform the trigonometric functions into the above form and evaluate the values of a, A, and φ, the answers would become apparent.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - What are the equation on these 1. Determine the amplitude of y = -16 cos...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- Math - If f(x)=sin(x) and g(x)=x^2-x+1, find the domain of f(g(x)) and g(f(x)). ...
- math - Eliminate the parameter (What does that mean?) and write a rectangular ...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- trig - Determine the period, amplitude and phase shift for each given function...
- trig/math - Determine the period, amplitude and phase shift for each given ...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...
- Math - Determine whether the function is periodic. State the period, the domain ...
- Math- Trig - 1. Determine the exact value of cos^-1 (pi/2). Give number and ...