Posted by Tykrane on Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 10:45am.
A disadvantage of using arithmetic mean to summarize a set of data is?
A. the arithmetic mean sometimes has two values.
B. it can used for interval and ratio data.
C. it is always different from the median.
D. it can be biased by one or two extremely small or large values.
Statistics - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 12:00pm
If you post YOUR answer, we'll be glad to check it.
Statistics - PsyDAG, Friday, December 18, 2009 at 11:28am
Think of the mean as a fulcrum (balance point) for a distribution of scores.
I hope this helps.
Statistics - Aaron, Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 10:56pm
D. It can be biased by one or two extremely small or large values.
The advantage is that it takes every number into account.
The disadvantage is that if you have a very large or very small number disproportionate to the rest then you calculations will be slightly off.
Statistics - kenny, Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 8:18pm
A. the arithmetic mean sometimes has two values
Statistics - Sandi, Monday, February 23, 2015 at 11:00pm
A. The arithmetic mean sometimes have two values
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 4. For Questions 4-7, use the following data: The number of file ...
- math - Emily,Zeke,Harry,& Brook each conducted surveys on the number of books ...
- statistics - Comparing Variations: 1. For the following exercise, complete the ...
- Statistics - 1. For the following exercise, complete the following by using the ...
- MTH233/statistics UOP - Find one quantitative and one qualitative data set from ...
- statistics - Consider the data that was obtained from a random sample of 45 ...
- Math - The stem-and-leaf plot shows the heights in centimeters of Teddy Bear ...
- statistics - Group the largest data set and find mean, median, mode, variance, ...
- Math - Please check my responses! ASAP Consider the following data set: 3,4,6,7,...
- Statistics - What disadvantage(s) are there of the mean deviation? A. based on ...