Posted by Steve on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 9:57pm.
Use a half-angle formula to find the exact value of cos 5ð/12
trig - Reiny, Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 10:11pm
your symbol for pi did not come out, just type pi, that seems to be the simplest way.
A lot of students seem to find it easier to think in degrees,
5pi/12 = 75º
= cos 75º
= cos(45 + 30)
= cos45cos30 - sin45sin30
= (√2/2)(√3/2) - √2/2)(1/2)
= (√6 - √2)/4
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trig - use a half angle formula to find the exact value of cos 75 degree
- trig - half angle formula to find exact value cos 112.5 degree
- Trig - If cosx = 10/19 an pi < x < 2pi, find the exact value of cos x/2 ...
- Trig - Use the half angle formula to find the exact value of tan 7 pie/8
- MATH - 1.)Find the exact solution algebriacally, if possible: (PLEASE SHOW ALL ...
- Mathmatics - a. Use the formulas for lowering powers to rewrite the expression ...
- Please help Math - a. Use the formulas for lowering powers to rewrite the ...
- trig - Find the exact value by using a half-angle identity. cos 22.5 degrees
- Trig - How do i find the exact value of sin 15 using the half angle formula
- Trigonometry - use the appropriate trig identity (sum and difference, half angle...