Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 9:18am.
There are 2 leaves along 3 in. of ivy vine. There are 14 leaves along 15 in. of the same vine. How many leaves are there along 6 in. of vine?
algebra 2 - drwls, Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 9:25am
One less than the number of inches. (Five, in this case)
algebra 2 - Reiny, Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 9:32am
Are we supposed to assume the relation is linear, i.e., the number of leaves is directly proportional to the length of the vine??
If so, then let the length of the vine be x
let the number of leaves by y
we have two ordered pairs given (3,2) and (15,14)
slope = (14-2)/(15-3) =
then y = x + b
2 = 3 + b
b = -1
then y = x - 1 , where x ≥ 1
so when x = 6, y = 5
there would be 5 leaves for a 6 inch long vine.
(common sense would have shown that the number of leaves appears to be one less than the length of vine number)
algebra 2 - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 9:21pm
there are 55 blades of grass in 1 in.2 of the lawn. there are 230 blades of grass in 4 in.2 of the same lawn. how many blades of grass are in 3 in.2 of lawn
algebra 2 - Anonymous, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:26am
There are 2 leaves along 3 in. of an ivy vine. There are 14 leaves along 15 in. of the same vine. Which equation models the number of leaves y along x in. of vine
algebra 2 - Anonymous, Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 10:30am
algebra 2 - Anonymous, Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 3:22am
A 3-mi cab ride costs $3.00. A 6-mi cab ride costs $4.80. Find a linear equation that models cost c as a function of distance d.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - There are 2 leaves along 3 in.of an ivy vine. There are 14 leaves along ...
- Physics - a) Imagine you are swinging on a vine, like a pendulum. If the ...
- Physics - Tarzan (80 kg) runs toward a vine at 4.8 m/s where Jane (60 kg) is ...
- physics - An 800 N gorilla swings from vine to vine. As the gorilla grabs a new ...
- Physics - Tarzan plans to cross a gorge by swinging in an arc from a hanging ...
- Physics - Tarzan swings on a vine 6.8 m long. The tension in the vine is 1200 N ...
- Physics - Jill of the Jungle swings on a vine 6.4 long. What is the tension in ...
- Physics - Jill of the Jungle swings on a vine 7.0 m long. What is the tension in...
- NEED HELP PHYSICS!!! - Tarzan (m = 78.4 kg) tries to cross a river by swinging ...
- Physics - A monkey swings on a vine and at the bottom of the swing while moving ...