Posted by Anonymous on Monday, December 14, 2009 at 3:54pm.
Can someone help me figure out the way to solve this math word problem?
Gerri bought a small bag of peanuts and ate 1/2 of the peanuts on Monday. On Tuesday, she ate 1/2 of the peanuts that were left. On Wednesday, she ate 1/2 of the peanuts that were left from Tuesday. She ate the rest of the peanuts on Thursday. What fraction of the whole bag of peanuts did she eat on Thursday?
5th grade - MATH - bobpursley, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 4:11pm
Tuesday morning she had 1/2 left.
Wednesday morning she had 1/4 left
Thursday morning she had 1/8 left
She ate those.
5th grade - MATH - Anonymous, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 4:25pm
Thank you Mr. Pursley:
Is this how you would break it down.
1/2 + 1/2 = 1 (Monday and Tuesday)
1/2 of 1 = 1/2 (Wednesday)
Now, I am lost. Can you show me the break down of this problem.
5th grade - MATH - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 4:44pm
Tuesday: 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4
Wednesday: 1/2 * 1/4 = 1/8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math ---HELP!!!!! - A study of a brand of “in the shell peanuts” gives the ...
- 6 grade math - Erin buys a bag of peanuts that weighs of 3/4 of a pound. Later ...
- Math - Aaron buys a bag of peanuts always three forths of a pound. Later that ...
- math - Sam has two bags of nuts; one with 77 % peanuts, and the other with 29 % ...
- math - Erin buys a bag of peanuts that weighs 3/4 lb later that week the bag is ...
- Solve. W rite each answer in simplest form. - Erin buys a bag of peanuts that ...
- 4th grade math - han ate 3 apples out of a bag of 6 apples. lester ate 2 apples ...
- math - Rodney and josiah each bought a package of the same kind of cookies at ...
- math - A trail mix recipe calls for 6 cups of peanuts. You have 4 small packages...
- math - Dad baked a batch of cookies. My brother ate half my mom ate a fourth of ...