Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, December 14, 2009 at 12:17pm.
2. Abraham Lincoln describes his educational background with
4. Imagery is language that appeals to one or more
a. minor characters
b. main characters
c. of our senses
d. of our phiolosophical beliefs
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 12:22pm
4. is correct, but I doubt if 2 is correct. What were you supposed to read in order to answer this question?
- Literature - mysterychicken, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 12:54pm
For number 2, we had to read 'Not Much of Me' and 'With A Task Before Me'.
- Literature - bobpursley, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 1:02pm
It sounds like regret to me.
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 1:03pm
I read more regret than shame in Lincoln's attitude toward his education.
From "Not Much of Me":
"There I grew up. There were some schools, so called; but no qualification was ever required of a teacher, beyond “readin, writin, and cipherin,” to the Rule of Three. If a straggler supposed to understand latin, happened to sojourn in the neighborhood, he was looked upon as a wizzard. There was absolutely nothing to excite ambition for education. Of course when I came of age I did not know much. Still somehow, I could read, write, and cipher to the Rule of Three; but that was all. I have not been to school since."
- Literature - mysterychicken, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 1:36pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - 'You're Abraham Lincoln's campaign manager. Your job is to ...
- Language Arts - Imagine the plot of the story in which two characters are lost ...
- English - 10. In "The Lottery," Jackson employs several stock characters, ...
- literature - In what way does the setting of a small town during the Great ...
- LA - 2 questions - Which of the following is the most useful question to ask ...
- Literature - Can someone please check if my answers are correct? 5. Which of the...
- Language Art's HELP ASAP! - 12.)Which of these strategies would be most ...
- Literature - 'You're Abraham Lincoln's campaign manager. Your job is to convince...
- English - Here is the second part of my summary I really need you to revise. ...
- British Literature - I have to write a compare and contrast essay of the ...