Posted by jalen on Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 9:15pm.
the sum of two decimal numbers is 5.3. their difference is 1.7 and there product is 6.3 what are the two numbers?
math - DrBob222, Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 9:22pm
x = one number
y = other number.
Solve for x and y.
You don't need the other information but it can be used if you wish.
math - Reiny, Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 9:24pm
x+y = 5.3
x-y = 1.7
2x = 7.0
x = 3.5
then y = 1.8
the info that their product is 6.3 was redundant, but checked out.
math - Rudy, Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 9:25pm
1.8 and 3.5. I just used guess and check. I knew that the numbers had to be under 5.3. Also, the number in the tenths place had to add up to 13 or 3, so 1.8 and 3.5.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math -- 6th Grade - The sum of two decimal numbers is 5.3. Their difference is 1...
- mathematics-Algebra - I think of two whole numbers;the product of the average of...
- 6th grade Math - The sum of two decimal numbers is 3.9. Their difference is 0.9...
- math - The sum of two decimal numbers is 3.9 Their difference is 0.9,and their ...
- 6th grade - the sum of two decimal numbers is 5.3. their difference is 1.7 and ...
- math - the difference between the sum of the two numbers and the difference of ...
- Advanced Math - 1.Tasha believes that she can rewrite the difference 120-36 as a...
- math-word problems with quadratics - I have 5 questions... 1) The sum of two ...
- Math - When factoring a trinomial that is in the format Ax^2 + Bx + C, the ...
- math - The sum of two decimal numbers is 5.3. Their differences is 1.7, and ...