posted by katie on .
Write a 350- to 500-word response to the following: You have the ability to choose three or four books for your students. Based on what you have learned in this course, how can you assess the level of bias and stereotypes in the contents of these texts? What are your criteria? Is there a level of bias you feel is acceptable? If so, how do you address that with your students?
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
I don't understand the question or even where to find the answer. I sent an email to the teacher and shes not responding to me.
Your assignment expects you to:
1. Choose three or four books for your students. Name them and their authors.
2. Do these books show any biases or stereotypes? (You'll need to review what you've learned in this course about biases and stereotypes.)
3. How do these books show biases? On what do you base your judgement?
4. Do you accept any level of bias in these books? (For instance, is "mommy" a stay-at-home mom?)
5. How would you explain this bias to your students?
is mon at home