Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 5:39pm.
Fred was measuring the height of a building. He stood standing at some distance from
the building and measured an angle of 38 degrees to the top of the building. He then
walked 100 feet further away from the building and measured an angle of 34 degrees to
How tall is the building?
I know I'm suppose to use tan
I got tan38=y/x from the first part of the information. I need help getting the second part
- Math - Reiny, Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 7:04pm
from the outer triangle
tan 34 = y/(x+100)
y = (x+100)tan 34
from your equation
y = xtan 38
so xtan 38 = (x+100)tan 34
xtan 38 = xtan 34 + 100tan 34
xtan 38 - xtan 34 = 100tan 34
x(tan 38 - tan 34) = 100tan 34
x = 100tan 34/(tan 38 - tan 34)
once you found x, you can find y using your first equation.
- Math - unique, Monday, January 12, 2015 at 8:32pm
you should help me mines is kinda like that and i don't understand it
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A surveyor, standing 80 ft. from the base of a building, measures the ...
- MATH help needed asap - A surveyor, standing 80 ft. from the base of a building...
- urgent math - Paul is standing on a 39 m high building. The angle of elevation ...
- Math - A man standing on top of a 100 foot building sites the top of a nearby ...
- Math 11 - Chung-ho is standing on the top of a building that is 135 m talk. The ...
- maths - a chimney of 20m height standing on the top of a building subtends an ...
- math - The angle of elevation to the top of a building is found to be 5 degrees ...
- Math - A platform and a building are on thesame plane. The angle of depression ...
- geometry - chung ho is standing on the top of a building that is 135m tall. The ...
- math - john is standing 100 metres away from a building.the angle of elevationto...