Posted by chris on Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 10:14pm.
identify infinitves and write how it is used which are noun adjective or adverb
1)To UNDERSTAND the difference between a democracy and a republic is important :noun
2)The captain struggled to REGAIN control of the foundering ship:adverb
3)Megellan's ship was the first to CIRCUMNAVIGATE the globe:adjective
4)The political prisoner refused to DENOUNCE his principles:noun
5)The class approved the decision to offer tutoring services to younger children:adverb
6)Kara's plan is to TAKE a trip to Australia next year:adverb
7)The hill above the town is the best place to WATCH the firwroks:adjective
8)Prospective team members must promise to ATTEND regular practice sessions: noun
LA - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 10:22pm
Six of your answers are correct.
5) TO OFFER is an adjective, modifying "decision."
6) TO TAKE is a noun, used as the predicate nominative after the linking verb "is."
LA - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 11:02pm
I assumed you knew what an infinitive is. Now I'm not so sure.
The infinitive is TO plus the verb.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English-Ms. Sue - Identify the infinitive in each sentence. 1. Bill’s goal is to...
- word order - Which is the correct ordering of adjectives and adverbs in the ...
- 11th grade english - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized noun clause is ...
- 11th grade english. Noun clauses - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized ...
- English part of speech Help - The part of speech is in all caps: 1. "Way too ...
- English - The infinitive is the most versatile verb form because it can be used ...
- English - Choose the function of the italicized infinitive phrase. 1.May I have ...
- english - I am working on identifying and classifying infinitives. It asks how ...
- English - Choose the term that describes the phase that is in quotes. Tony ...
- English 3 - 1.) Identify the main clause in the sentence below. Then decide if ...