Posted by Ari on Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 9:30pm.
1. "The best in this kind are but shadows" is
A. Titania talking about men.
B. Theseus talking about plays.
C. Demetrius talking about the women he has loved in the past.
D. Bottom talking about his fellow craftsmen.
2. One difference between tragedy and comedy is that tragedy
A. uses supernatural elements.
B. usually features an extraordinary hero.
C. makes us laugh at ourselves, not others.
D. uses metaphor and analogy to make its point.
3. When are the following lines spoken?
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here,
While these visions did appear.
A. When Hermia and Lysander are talking
B. Right before Puck casts a spell on Bottom
C. When Theseus and Hippolyta are talking about their wedding
D. At the very end of act 5
4. What does the speech in question 3 mean?
A. The audience should be offended by the poor acting.
B. It the audience thinks it's a bad play, it's not the actors' fault.
C. If there were flaws in the play, the audience should think they were dreaming.
D. The playwright will try to do a better job the next time.
5. Dramatic irony means that
A. the cosmos, state, family, and individual follow the same pattern.
B. the audience knows something the character or characters don't.
C. things are going to end very badly for someone.
D. everything works out in the end.
6. Egeus wants his daughter to
A. marry Demetrius.
B. marry Lysander.
C. be executed.
D. enter a convent.
7. In act 3, who says the following lines to Bottom?
Out of this wood do not desire to go:
Thou shalt remain here, whether thou wilt or no.
I am a spirit of no common rate.
8. In act 4, what do the following lines mean?
Fairy King, attend, and mark:
I do hear the morning lark.
A. The enchantment on Bottom is about to end.
B. Titania is about to fall in love with Bottom.
C. Theseus and Hippolyta are arriving.
D. The sun is coming up and the fairies should leave.
9. During the Renaissance, dramatists began writing about
D. everyday people.
10. In act 5, why does Hippolyta believe the lovers' story of their time in the forest?
A. She believes the women because she's a queen.
B. She wants to defend the lovers.
C. The lovers' stories all match.
D. She wants to oppose Egeus.
11. Humanists believe that
A. love is an illusion.
B. life on earth is important in its own right.
C. humans and animals existed on the same level.
D. Shakespeare didn't actually write the plays we think he did.
12. To whom is Helena speaking when she says, "If you were civil and knew courtesy,/You would not do me thus much injury" (act 3,
A. Hermia only
B. Lysander and Demetrius
C. Demetrius and Hermia
D. Hermia and Lysander
13. According to Renaissance philosophy, commoners often represent
14. Who speaks the line "Lord, what fools these mortals be"?
15. Who says "The course of true love never did run smooth"?
16. The ability of writers to completely identify with their characters is
A. negative capability.
17. Using pairs of opposites, such as Helena and Hermia, is called
18. The craftsmen in the play speak in prose because
A. too much blank verse gets tiresome.
B. Theseus would have forbidden them to use verse.
C. that kind of common language symbolizes their status in life.
D. it's the language of love.
19. In act 1, the reader learns that Hermia's father refuses to allow her to marry Lysander. What do Hermia and Lysander plan to do to counteract his refusal?
A. Run away to be married.
B. Use a potion to convince Hermia's father.
C. Go together to talk to Hermia's mother.
D. Take their case to Theseus, Duke of Athens.
20. Read the following passage from act 3, scene 2.
So we grew together,
Like to a double cherry, seeming parted,
But yet an union in partition;
In this passage, Helena is referring both to herself and to
Can someone please help me
DRAMA - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 9:36pm
Of course, we'll be glad to help you. You know, though, that we won't give you the answers.
Please tell us how you want us to help you.
DRAMA - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 10:24pm
If you post your answers, we'll be glad to check them.
DRAMA - ur mom, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:23am
just help the person!! omg... or don't make a comment!! damn
DRAMA - mazda, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 2:19pm
1.b 2.b 4.c 8.d 10.c 12.b 13.d 14.a 16.a 17.c and 19 is a no bs if i know it i say it and if i do not know it i will not say it.
DRAMA - Boo, Monday, August 16, 2010 at 4:18pm
Rick, you make me laugh. lol
DRAMA - RubyQ, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 4:05pm
DRAMA - RubyQ, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 4:11pm
Promise you'll get 100%! ^^
DRAMA - MK, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 8:42am
Thanks RubyQ the answers were all correct. 100!
DRAMA - Heather, Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 10:08pm
Ruby Q's answers are all correct!!! I used her answers to help me check mine to make sure they were right, and I got 100... all of our answers matched!!
DRAMA - Cutie, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 1:29pm
thanks alot! :) all answers are correct:)))
DRAMA - Naadiya, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 2:23pm
Yeah all the answers were correct. I used them to check mine! Thanks! :)
DRAMA - Norbert, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 7:36pm
Hi I also use the answers to check against my owe and they got me 100%. Thanks guys
deama - babyb, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 11:19pm
1. C A STUDY GUID 161-164
2. D B STUDY GUIDE 163
3. A Correct
4. C A TEXT 19
5. A Correct
6. B Correct
7. A Correct
8. A Correct
9. D Correct
10. A Correct
11. D Correct
12. B Correct
13. C B STUDY GUIDE 165
14. A C TEXT 51
15. A B TEXT 30
16. A Correct
17. D Correct
18. B Correct
19. D Correct
20. D Correct
DRAMA - lola, Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 5:40pm
hey babyb if everyone else got a 100 from RubyQ's answers then why r urs different?
DRAMA - Lynn, Friday, July 22, 2011 at 1:48am
i think babyb took the wrong test lol, i just checked rubyQs and they were all right stg!!
DRAMA - Raul Julio, Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 2:13am
rubyQs is a liar I took the test and did 100% and those were not the answer
DRAMA - Raul Julio, Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 2:38am
RubyQ I am playing your Right i double check my text my mistake good job.
DRAMA - abdullah, Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 12:18pm
lol you guys, none of the penn foster exams are exactly alike. all of them are different. when ms. ruby put the answer with the questions she put them there for the question on THIS exam(the one posted here). so obviously the questions and answers wont be in the same spots as in "A" "B" "C" or "D" youll have to look for the answers and put them down. some questions on this exam might not be on the one you're taking, vice versa.
DRAMA - thuglife, Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 12:20pm
what ever you do don't look at baby b answers! it's all wrong! just to let you know!
DRAMA - The Real Answers, Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 8:03pm
RubyQ, MK, Heather, Cutie, Naadiya, and Norbert, are all the same person. I could care less about weather or not the answers are correct, but what do you think about someone who replies to themselves with positive feedback saying that they are 100% correct? That is something of a red light in my eyes, nobody should do that unless they are trying to trick someone.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- drama - “The best in this kind are but shadows” is A. Titania talking about men...
- Literature - The best in this kind are but shadows" is A. Titania talking about ...
- social studies - i am talking about slaves and i don't understand what this ...
- life orientation - what you are talking about if you are talking about alcohol ...
- Synonym - Hey, posted a question earlier regarding a synonym for 'pantheon'. To ...
- Spanish - Hi, I would like some tips on what to say when you're talking to a ...
- World History - I am writing an essay on Russia and Western Europe and I am ...
- English - 1. They are talking about what they want to be in the future. 2. They ...
- spanish - Which pronouns would Alberto Yáñez, a professor from Spain, use to ...
- to: bobpursley - wait...so you were talking about this question: (c^2/3d^-1)^-2 ...