Posted by Ashley on Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 9:45pm.
I'm working on this project where we are assigned a part of africa and have to basically decide everything about it's life there.
Right now I'm working on the military part. I have to answer:
How strong is the military?
Who serves in the military?
What kinds of weapons do you use?
I want my answers to be good but also relevant to the time period which is about 1300-1400's around there. I have the south east part of Africa.
please provide any ideas/comments you have, I really need some advice/help.
Oh, also; i need to have a form of money to use and I'm not sure what to use.
Please Help Me!!
thanks in advance!
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 9:50pm
You may find some of your answers in these sites.
Social Studies - Ashley, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 10:21pm
Okay, I have the first two, now I just need the kinds of weapons used and the form of money.
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 10:26pm
They didn't really have money, but bartered goods -- like salt for gold.
Social Studies - Ashley, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 10:28pm
yes, but for the project, we are making almost everything up, so he said we have to have a form of money
Also, what do you think are some weapons used, so far, all I have is spears made of iron
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 10:38pm
I thought this was a history class, not a creative writing class. I can't help you with the fiction.
Social Studies - Ashley, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 10:49pm
ummm, it IS a history class, we are to use what we know aout africa to come up with these things, I have everything else, now all I need is a money source, (oh and your site didn't really help too much-sorry)what are some things that could be used as money in the 15th century??
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 11:09pm
On the eve of colonialism, barter had evolved to a higher stage which Austen calls “commodity money.” This involved items which, because of their quality, enjoyed special advantages as stores of value, media of exchange or units of account. They included livestock, salt bars, jewelry, tools, cotton, palm leaf or bark, textiles and shells. Such valuable commodities were bought and sold in major trading centers such as West and central Sudan, the Guinea coast and the Swahili coast.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - We are doing this project for social studies, where each group ...
- Social Studies check my answers - which actvity is part of both privite and ...
- Social studies - Life expectancy What two countries are not part of Africa?
- Data Analysis - A firm produces batteries that have a lifetime which is normally...
- computer science - You have been working for the XYZ Computer Corporation as an ...
- english essay, please help me to correct. - can you help to correct my answer ...
- English - ms. sue - ms. sue for essay i be writing i got everything done about ...
- social studies - When the declaration of independence was signed, Elbridge Gerry...
- social studies 9 - using the data in table5-1, determine how large a part of ...
- please help me with my engineer project - I am working on an Engineer project ...