Posted by Nancy on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:43pm.
A fully plane has a constant acceleration while moving down a runaway. the plane requires .7 mile of runaway and a speed of 160 miles per hour in order to lift off. what is the planes accelearation?
i need the formula cause the one i have doesnt work cause i need time
- Calculus - Reiny, Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 12:11am
vel = at where t is in hrs, and a is in miles/hrs^2
then s = (1/2)at^2 where s is the distance in miles
when v = 160
t = 160/a
when s= .7
(1/2)a(160/a)^2 = .7
a = 18285.7 miles/hrs^2
so what time is liftoff?
160 = 18285t
t = .00875 hrs or 31.5 seconds
at t= 0,
v = 0
s = 0
when t = .00875
v = 18285.7(.00875) = 160
s = (1/2)(18285.7)(.00875)^2 = .699999
Answer this Question
- Math I Have no idea PlEASE help me - Wind can affect the speed of an airplane. ...
- trig - A plane is flying with an airspeed of 150 miles per hour and heading 155...
- math hw - 42. Twenty minutes after a plane leaves the airport, it is reported to...
- Please Anyone!!! - Plane A is 40 mi south and 100 mi east of Plane B. Plane A is...
- Math - Plane A is 40 mi south and 100 mi east of Plane B. Plane A is flying 2 ...
- Algebra 2 - 1. Plane A is 40 mi south and 100 mi east of Plane B. Plane A is ...
- physics - A Boeing 787 is initially moving down the runway at 3.0 m/s preparing ...
- Math- Multi-step word problems - A plane traveling from Phoenix to Washington, D...
- physics - An airplane starts from rest and moves forward with a constant ...
- calculus - Two commercial airplanes are flying at an altitude of 40,000 ft ...