Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 4:15pm.
does the word ''cartoon'' have long vowel sounds?
2nd grade - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 4:18pm
The long a sound is in cake and late. The long o sound is in bone and stone.
2nd grade - eloise, Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 5:38pm
2nd grade - Kelly, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 4:25pm
the a is short C-A-R the A is short
Otherwise it would say it's name like B-A-K-E
The O is short to! OOOO
You want it to say it's name for it to be a lONG vowel. Like the word O-A-T
2nd grade - evan, Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 11:19am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Let's take a look at the vowel sounds in each word; cartoon, good ...
- english - 01.Which area of Phonetics deals with manner and place of ...
- english - Circle the word with two vowels together where each vowel has a ...
- Vowel Sounds - What is a word with the vowel sound or
- Vowel Sounds - what is a word with the vowel sound ir and ur
- Grammar - Is the word "Scary" - 1. Word with short vowel, or 2. Word with long ...
- spelling - How do you find the vowel sounds in the first syllable? Do you have ...
- 3rd grade grammar - I have no clue how to help my daughter. I looked in ...
- syllable patterns - how can you tell rather the first vowel in a word has a long...
- 5-6th grade Math - Follow instructions: 1) Write the word SOLAR. 2) Add the 5th ...