Posted by Nick on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 12:27pm.
Three neighbors are sharing a rectangular strip of land fir a garden. They divide the land into 24 equal-sized pieces. What fraction of the land does each person get if they share it equally? Write the answer in more than one way
- Math - drwls, Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 4:34pm
If there are 24 equal-sized pieces, each gets 1/3 of them, which is 8 pieces. You can do the cutting up into 24 pieces in different ways.
- Math - Anonymous, Monday, October 31, 2011 at 3:55pm
- Math - sunny, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 9:00pm
-If you take 24 divided by three it would equal up to eight.
-Then if you multiply eight times three it would equal up to 24.
-Finally if you take 8 and put it on top of 24 it would make a fraction.
- Math - sunny, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 9:03pm
Each person would get 8 pieces of land.
- Math - veronica, Monday, October 13, 2014 at 3:57pm
I do not nooo help me plese
- Math - Jessica, Monday, December 14, 2015 at 6:26pm
Hmm.. Hard question; but i hope my conjecture is right. First, you can cut the land strips into 24ths. Each person will get 8 pieces of it. Another way is to do the same thing but each person gets 3 pieces. By the way I have the same question for my homework, so I'm not exactly sure if this answer is right. Overall, I hope this helped!
- Math - Anthony , Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 9:52pm
All your answer were great but I think there is only one way also I have this question in middle school Hackensack Mrs.Darling class 2015-2016 Kids in middle school.
- Math - Anthony , Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 9:56pm
Wait I you have to right in a different form I think you have to right the whole number the the fraction
P.S this is the same Anthony who said 2015-2016 Middle school Hackensack
P.P.S Just letting you know.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 3 neighbors are sharing a rectangular strip of land for a garden. They ...
- math 7th - three neighbors are sharing a rectangular strip of land for a garden....
- Math - Three neighbors are sharing a rectangular strip of land for a garden.They...
- Math - Three neighbors are sharing a rectangular strip of land for a garden. ...
- math - how would 3 neighbors divide a sharing a rectangle piece of land divide ...
- Economics - The marginal revenue product (MRP) of land declines as more land is ...
- Math - A man owns a rectangular piece of land. The land is divided into four ...
- math - A garden has a rectangular pool in it with a width that is twice its ...
- S.S - Which of the following would describe how loyalists land was redistributed...
- Math help - The land on Earth’s surface is represented by the seven continents. ...