Posted by Jo on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 5:25am.
That makes sense but were did you get of 7.9 from. Once I know that I under stand subtracting the period... just don't know were that value came from
h t t p : / / w w w . j i s k h a . c o m / d i s p l a y . c g i ? i d = 1 2 6 0 2 4 6 6 3 4
- PreCalc - Jo, Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 5:47am
- Jo - Reiny, Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 8:23am
To solve 200 = 300sin(5pi/11)(t-4) + 500
we get -2/3 = sin(5pi/11)(t-4)
So I know that (5pi/11)(t-4) is in either III or IV, since the sine is negative in those quadrants
To find the "angle in standard position" I ignore the negative and take the inverse sine
That got me .72972 (you must have had that)
For the angle in III
(5pi/11)(t-4) = pi + .72972
solving this gave me 6.7 (which you had)
For the angle in IV
(5pi/11)(t-4) = 2pi - .72972
solving this gave the the 7.9
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths (it's urgent) - the path of the rocket is represented by the equation y= ...
- algbra - heyya Your equation makes no sense. Your equation makes no sense. 4x = ...
- RESPONSE to PreCalc - Makes complete sense thank you so much!!! My only question...
- English - I can stand that much to help the environment...
- Math - A mathematical model for concentration of administered cortisone in ...
- math, question - Is there anywher i can go for further explanations on how to ...
- math - The lengths in inches (x and y) of two fish are related by the equation ...
- Physics - A bothersome feature of many physical measurements is the presence of ...
- Algebra (please help) - Determine whether the following statement makes sense or...
- Math - I wounder what is 5(29)? I just really don't under stand how to solve it.