Posted by Katherine on Monday, December 7, 2009 at 5:21pm.
A flying saucer filled with space aliens landed in my front yard! After the entire crew had filed out of their spaceship, I happened to count their heads and feet. I saw a total of 91 heads and 124 feet. It was clear that their leader was a purple creature with three heads and four feet. The rest of the space aliens each had two heads. The green ones had two feet and the blue ones had three feet.
How many of each type of creatures landed in my yard?
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 7, 2009 at 5:23pm
Please do not keep reposting the same question. Give us at least a couple of hours for a tutor to respond.
math - bobpursley, Monday, December 7, 2009 at 6:17pm
Ok subtracting leaders heads means 88 heads for green and blue.
Subtracting leaders feet, that leaves 120 feet for green and blue.
now solve for G, B
math - Anonymous, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 10:25pm
24 of blue and green
math - Anonymous, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 10:43pm
12 green, 32 blue because 12 x 2 = 24 and 32 x 3 = 96 and 24 + 96 = 120
also 12 = 32 = 44
math - anonymous, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 1:38am
you don't count the heads and the legs you run for dear life
math - Shreg, Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 7:45pm
Remember, my face cool, and yours is not!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - A flying saucer filled with space aliens landed in my front yard!After...
- Math - Suppose you have a coin that lands on Heads with probability 0.6 There ...
- stor - Suppose that you flip a fair coin (P(H)=P(T)=1 2 ) three times and you ...
- Pre-Algebra - While visiting a farm, you notice that there are only chickens and...
- Math: Probablity - A penny, a nickel, and a dime are flipped at the same time. ...
- Intro to Probability, please check my work. - A fair coin is flipped three times...
- Math - Hi! I need some help with a problem in the packet I have to complete over...
- math - A coin is tossed 3 times. Find the probability that all the 3 are heads (...
- math - In a game, a player tosses a coin 4 times. If the player gets 3 or 4 ...
- Geometry - Robert says that if you toss three coins you get 3 H (3 Heads),2 H ( ...