Posted by MATHS QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 2:00pm.
solve algebriaclly the equation y=2sin2x+1 for 0<_x_<180. when solved find the x coordinates of the roots.
PLEASE ANSWER MATHS!!! - Reiny, Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 2:18pm
I am assuming you are trying to solve
2sin2x+1 = 0
sin 2x = -1/2
(angle in standard position is 30º)
the sine is negative in quadrants III and IV
so x = 180+30 = 210
or x = 360-x30 = 330
Btw, don't shout!
Shouting! - Writeacher, Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 2:25pm
When you type in all-caps, two things happen:
**it's harder to read, and
**it's the online equivalent to SHOUTING (considered rude behavior).
Please just type in regular mode, not with the Caps Lock feature turned on. Thanks.
Correction - Reiny, Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 2:34pm
my last couple of lines should have been
so 2x = 180+30 = 210
or 2x = 360-x30 = 330
so x = 105 or x = 165
since the period of sin 2x is 180º
two other solutions are 285º and 345º
check: 2sin(2x345) + 1 = 0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - 1)Solve by factoring:5x^2=4-19x answer=-4,1/5 2)Which quadratic ...
- MATHEMATICS - what is the exact value of 1-2sin(15degrees)? also 2(sin2x)=2sinx ...
- equation complex number - z^4 + 81 = 0 (solve) change it to polar, then take ...
- Algebra - 1)Solve by factoring:5x^2=4-19x answer=-4,1/5 2)Which quadratic ...
- maths - find the roots of the equation X(square)+7x equal to 0.(b)write down the...
- maths-equadratic eqn - one of the roots of the quadratic equation x^2-(4+k)x+12=...
- maths - the mid-point of the line FG is (6,10). if the coordinates of G is (8,14...
- Math - I can't remember how you find the roots of quadratic equations other than...
- Algebra - This will be a multiple post thing so please bear with me. If my ...
- Algebra 2 - How do I solve polynomial equation by finding all complex roots? The...