Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 4:59pm.
what if I say that the tone of 'Legal Alien' is uncomfortable and complicated as she describes the harships being faced?
And for Harlem, can I just say that the tone seems calm as he compares the deffered dreams to unpleasant things? ..I really need help with this...
- Literature - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 5:26pm
Are you clear on what tone is?
"Tone is the attitude that an author takes toward the audience, the subject, or the character. Tone is conveyed through the author's words and details."
from (Broken Link Removed)
- Literature - GuruBlue, Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 5:32pm
You need to think a little deeper.
Does Harlem "feel" calm....Look at these words -
dry up, fester sore— stink rotten
crust sags heavy explode
Uncomfortable...yes definitely. Again look at the words
perhaps inferior, definitely different,
a handy token
sliding back and forth
between the fringes of both worlds
by masking the discomfort
of being pre-judged
Answer this Question
- Literature - What is the tone and rhythm of the poems 'Harlem' by Langston ...
- Literature - I still don't understand the tone of the poem 'Harlem'. I went ...
- English - I have the sentence: Kyle seems calm despite his situation. Kyle is ...
- English - I'm writing an essay that goes into how important body language and ...
- Louis Riel Summation to Jury - Yesterday I went through all the paragraphs and ...
- Language Arts - Is this a good analytical paragraph? Edgar Allen Poe’s poem, “...
- English - CHECK PLEASE? Is this a good analytical paragraph? Edgar Allen Poe’s ...
- English - What would the tone be for the poem "Harlem" by Langston Hughes?
- english 1 - WHAT'S THE OVERALL TONE OF THE CASK OF AMONTILLADO? And 10 examples ...
- Physics waves - I am stuck with both of these questions. Thanks in advanced! 1. ...