posted by katie on .
I have to pick a creative selection such as a painting, political cartoon, or lyrics form a song, poem etc, and I need to complete the following.
1. What observations I can make about this selection
2. What questions can I develop form these observations
3. What prior knowledge do I bring to understand the creative selection?
4. Identify three inferences of this selection
5. State the thesis or major theme
6. How does the thesis transfer to an everyday life situation?
7. Summarize the message being conveyed in the selection I chose.
Let us know what you have chosen and how you think you'll respond in each of the 7 areas. Then we'll be able to help you.
If you're having trouble deciding what to choose, here are some suggestions:
(Broken Link Removed)
There's a poem here by Auden, as well as the painting he was writing about, above and here:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/B/bruegel/icarus.jpg.html (Click on the painting in either link to see it in more detail.)
Peter Bruegel painted the painting in 1558, and Auden wrote his poem in 1938.
William Carlos Williams also wrote a poem about the same painting.