Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 6:51am.
This is my free verse poem about a cat stuck in a vending machine. Is it alright?
Inside I lay of a crowded box
Hungry for 3 straight days
The ironic part being that I was in a vending machine.
The fear made me shiver til’ my insides quivered
Would I ever get out of my swarming prison?
Maybe no one would ever notice the sad meows I managed to extract
Perhaps no one would see the long tail, sweeping back and forth and making the bags go crunch, crunch
But maybe someone would
And at last, someone did
Many people there were that night, when I was freed
The lights blazed my eyes
The people handled me gently,
And freedom felt more relieving than my condo back home.
- Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 8:29am
I love your idea. I think some places you have too many words
Look at what I did to this first part
Inside a crowded box I lie
Hungry for three straight days
Irony, the cat kibbles are beyond my paw
I'm trapped in a vending machine.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 8:30am
OK, I'm gonna change up my words. Thank you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - I need help writing a free verse poem on a newspaper article I read...
- physics - a vending machine ate another students dollar. the student had enough...
- phyicis - a vending machine ate another students dollar. the student had enough...
- Vending Machines - How does Vending machine connect to our culture and customs?
- 8th Grade Algebra - I need help with these problems: 1) A vending machine takes ...
- algebra - A very old vending machine accepts only nickels (n) and dimes (d). ...
- algebra 1 - A very old vending machine accepts only nickels (n) and dimes (d). ...
- English - CHECK PLEASE?! Part 1: Poem Structure "Annbel lee" by edgar allen poe ...
- English - Part 1: Poem Structure "Annbel lee" by edgar allen poe Check PLEASE...
- macroeconomics - what economic concept explains why news vending machines allow ...