Posted by HELP ME on Monday, November 30, 2009 at 5:56pm.
how do you solve quadratic equations by finding square roots
i have no clue how to do this. I have fallen behind in my math class because my teacher is horrible. I need to learn this to understand everything in the section in the section. I beg someboody to answer this question. i dont want any replys like figure it out yourself or coments like ms. sue has ben posting as `answers'.Pleeaseeeeee!
an addition to my question, how would you solve somthing like 2(radical sign)2
- algebra 2 - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 30, 2009 at 6:00pm
- algebra 2 - Damon, Monday, November 30, 2009 at 6:30pm
perhaps you mean by using the quadratic equation:
a x^2 + b x + c = 0
a,b, c constant, x variable
x = [-b +/- sqrt (b^2-4ac) ] / ( 2 a )
You can prove that by completing the square
x^2 + (b/a) x = -c/a
x^2 +(b/a) x + (b/2a)^2 = -c/a + b^2/4a^2
(x+b/2a)^2 = -4ca/4a^2 + b^2/4a^2
x + b/2a = (1/2a)sqrt( b^2 - 4ac)
Answer this Question
- algebra 2 - how do you solve quadratic equations by finding square roots i have ...
- algebra 2 - how do you solve quadratic equations by finding square roots
- Math - 5y(squared) + 4 = 14 solve quadratic equations by finding square roots
- Algebra2 - Find the polynomials roots to each of the following problems: #1) x^2...
- Math - I can't remember how you find the roots of quadratic equations other than...
- Algebra 2 - How do I solve this quadratic function by finding square roots 2x²=...
- ALGEBRA 2 PLEASE HELP - How do I solve this quadratic function by finding square...
- Alg 1 quadratic equations - I'm doing quadratic equations x^2 +bx+c =0. I know ...
- algebra help - My class is doing a unit on the "completing the square method" ...
- Math - Solve the equation by factoring, by finding square roots, or by using the...