Posted by Ryan on Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 7:56pm.
A rectangular solid has a top face with surface area of 28 ft, a front face with surface area of 20 ft, and a side face with surface area of 70 ft. What is the volume of this solid?
Geometry plz help - MathMate, Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 9:46pm
There are two ways to approach the problem:
1. Calculate the side lengths, a,b and c.
Therefore by dividing ac by bc, we get
substitute a=2b/7 into equation (1) gives 2b/7*b=28 => b²=98 => 7√2
You can calculate similarly the other sides.
You are looking for the product abc, from which ab=28
All the products are known, the quotient has been calculated in part 1.
So the volume abc can be calculated directly.
Geometry plz help - Ryan, Monday, November 30, 2009 at 7:31pm
umm still lost.....
Geometry plz help - MathMate, Monday, November 30, 2009 at 11:15pm
Did you try method 1 or method 2?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Find the surface area of rectangular pyramids 1. Length= 1.15ft Width=0....
- MATHS - Hi Just checking The area of one face of a cube is 64cm squared What it ...
- Math--Volume and Surface Area - The volume of a cube is 125 cubic inches. Find ...
- Math - A rectangular prism has a volume of 960cm. It's width, length, and ...
- math - Please help with this problem. Compute the following volume and surface ...
- Calculus, Surface Area - An open rectangular box (no top) has a square base with...
- geometry - The volume of two similar solids is 1331 m3 and 729 m3. The surface ...
- Math - "An office building is in the shape of a right rectangular prism wit ...
- Calculus - a rectangular box of given volume is to be "a" times long as it is ...
- geometry - The length of each edge of a trianglar tent if 8 ft. ( 3 sides and a ...