Posted by Colette on Friday, November 27, 2009 at 9:48am.
How can elimating abbreviations reduce errors
- MR - Dr Russ, Friday, November 27, 2009 at 9:55am
OK here are three examples
IPA can stand for?
Iodoplatinic acid (used in chemistry to show up amines on chromatography plates)
India Pale Ale
I once had a student who sprayed chromatography plates with India Pale Ale because he had got no result when he had sprayed the plate with isopropyl alcohol after I had told him to use IPA. I had meant iodoplatinic acid.
If you look here:
There are loads of examples what IPA could stand for!
Thus by not using abbreviations, errors like mine above can be avoided.
Answer this Question
- Medical Billing - How can eliminating abbreviations reduce errors? Should ...
- medical terminology - How can eliminating abbreviations reduce errors?
- Medical Terminology - I have to write a paper and answer these questions but I ...
- Medical coding and billing - How can eliminating medical abbreviations reduce ...
- medical coding & billing - Can someone plesae help me. I need to to answer these...
- medical codding and billing - Can someone plesae help me. I need to to answer ...
- medical - how can eliminating medical abbreviations reduce errors?
- medical terminology - according to the article reduce abbreviation errors do you...
- Medical Terminology - I am trying to write a paper.I am to using jcaho and ismp...
- abbreviations - How can eliminating abbreviationsreduce errors?