Posted by Mikw on Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 5:56pm.
If you could please write the answers to those questions. I am confused because for me they all match to multiple answers. Thanks a lot
Early Childhood Development
Each of the following scenarios illustrates the development of specific skills. Appropriately state, for each
scenario, the illustrated developing skill.
1. 3 year old Susan plays with her toy baby doll, pretending she is the doll’s “mommy”
2. 3 month old James finally lifts his head off of the pillow
3. 18 month old Kristin discovers that she can pour water from her sippy cup onto the floor by turning upside-down her sippy cup
4. 8 month old Alex began picking up his food with his fingers and feeding it to himself
5. 6 month old Matthew sat up, and remained sitting upright, under his own power
6. 4 year old Bill plays with his toy hunting rifle, camouflage outfit, and deer urine
7. 1 year old Alison starts babbling nonsensical words
8. 1 month old William cries when he needs a diaper change
9. 3 year old Victoria holds a crayon and tries coloring in the lines
10. 16 month old Adam can identify and point to his nose when asked
Respond to the following statements using Piaget’s Stages of Cognitive Development
11. A child has a tea party with his dolls, pretending each doll is alive and engaging in conversation.
12. An infant’s mother takes away her toy and the baby, thinking the toy has disappeared, begins to cry.
13. When asked to write an essay entitled, “How I Became Me: Influences that Created my Identity,” teenage student opens by stating, “I don’t know who I am yet; check back in a few years…”
14. During a birthday party for her younger brother Billy Bob, Jennifer tries to open the presents. When told that it was Billy Bob’s birthday and not hers, Jennifer stamps her feet and cries, “But it’s not fair!”
15. A student completes a Compare & Contrast poster by gluing facts and other information to poster board.
16. Instead of speaking, a crawling baby asks for his bottle by pointing at it.
State whether each scenario is an example of assimilation or accommodation.
17. A child has always used a fork to eat his food. Today the child is learning how to use chopsticks to eat.
18. Running late for his hockey game, Moe has to borrow a teammate’s stick in order to play.
19. A child knows how to button his new jacket because he knew how to button his shirt.
20. A girl learns how to walk in high heels instead of flats.
21. After getting a “big-boy” bed, Herman has to be cautious not to roll off because it does not have guardrails like his old bed.
Answer the following scenarios/Statements using your knowledge of Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral
22. Stealing is bad, and people who steal should be punished.
23. As the most important thing in society is family, it would be foolish for a man to let his wife die for fear of being put in jail.
24. One should not steal, under any circumstances, as it is illegal to do so.
25. An older child helps his elderly neighbor with yard work because his mother promised to let him stay uplater to play video games if he did.
26. A young student completes all of his homework and keeps his desk tidy because that way the teacher will like him more.
27. A child does not go in her mother’s make-up drawer any more because every time she did, her mother would smack the girl’s hand.
- Psychology - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 27, 2009 at 11:20am
First, make sure you thoroughly understand all of the vocabulary in your answer choices.
1. Obviously, Susan isn't exhibiting motor or language skills. That leaves cognitive and social skills. Isn't mothering a social skill?
2. When a three-month old raises his head from the pillow, he's showing a motor skill. Is it gross or fine motor?
If you post your answers, we'll be glad to check them.
Answer this Question
early childhood - if anyone has the answers to exam 00382900 Facilities and ...
child development - Explain the stages of social and moral development children ...
Statistics - There are 100 questions from a SAT test, and they are all multiple ...
child development - what is considered normal cognitive development at each of ...
AED 202 - I am having trouble with this assignment. Outline what is considered ...
Early Child Ed. - Would you please check these questions and my answers, and see...
Ivytech - There are 7 multiple choice questions on an exam, each with 4 possible...
child psychology - Issues and Debates: Early vs Late learning What experiences ...
Jiskha - I typed several questions and answers regarding the subject of ...
Statistics - The Econ Dpt final has 30 questions that are multiple choice. There...