Posted by Lena on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 9:27pm.
There is apparently a new way of writing a bibliography in MLA format. I google searched and I'm not sure which is new and which is old. Could someone provide an example of how I would write the bibliography of a novel? Thank you
MLA format - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 9:35pm
You need to have each source of information cited in TWO places:
1. the Works Cited page (formerly known as a bibliography) that is placed after the last page of your paper, and
2. in parentheses in the text of your paper, immediately after any quotation or paraphrase.
For example, this would go on the Works Cited page (with proper indentation for the second and following lines):
DeMille, Nelson Spencerville. New York: Warner Books, 1994.
... and this would go immediately after the quotation or whatever:
The information in parentheses in the text needs to be as brief as possible. That's why there's a Works Cited page – for all the details of the particular source.
Here's a really good place for information on citing in MLA format:
(Broken Link Removed)
Hold your cursor over the words CITING SOURCES in the left column and then click on whatever type of source you need help with. Many examples will show up. You will get two examples for each type of reference – one for the Works Cited page and one for the parenthetical (in-text) citation.
You can also see what a Works Cited page looks like. Click on Sample Works Cited in the left column.
MLA FORMAT - Lena, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 9:54pm
Thank you very much :)
MLA format - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 10:03pm
You're very welcome. =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Footnotes - What is the proper footnote format for an internet source? I don't ...
- MLA citation - What is the difference between a bibliography and an annotated ...
- English- citing in mla format - i am writing a paper on a novel and i used ...
- Grade 12 Eng. - How can I type a website in MLA format on an annotated ...
- mla format - For mla formatting an essay how do you write and cite a quote from ...
- MLA CITATION QUESTION... I NEED HELP ASAP - i am doing a works cited for my ...
- General - What's the proper way to reference a book from Project Gutenberg (MLA ...
- english - If you are writing a formal paper, how do you write 1600s (as in the ...
- ENGLISH - I am doing a group project and i have to make the mla heading but i ...
- Another MLA referencing question - How are encyclopedias listed in mla format ...