Posted by y912f on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 12:28pm.
ok. so i found out that there is also an artistic scholarship program in the private college that i applied to. ONe of the helpers told me that if I send in a written portfolio, one of my best works, to the counselor, then they will decide if I can qualify for the artistic scholarship.
THe writing can be any type and about anything.
Maximum 15-double spaced pages. recommended atleast 10 pages.
i want to do either a research paper, or a short story. I think short story will be better because I might be able to write 10 pages about it.
Ofcourse it will have to be really nicely written and get their interest.
And that is something I can't do!!
please help me. What type of writing should I do. If I do short story, what are some interesting topics I can write about. It can be either fiction or non fiction. I have until feb 15 (latest) so I have a good amount of time to work on it.
- college writing - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 12:42pm
Here's my advice. Short-story writing takes creativity and skill. (I know because I took a correspondence in short-story writing many years ago, and I didn't finish it. I didn't have the talent or the desire or the creativity to write a decent story.)
I suggest you write a research paper. Dozens of pages can be written in a well-planned and well-researched paper.
Study these sites for topic suggestions.
You might want to do something in history, like the U.S. battles in the Pacific in WWII, history of Islam, ancient Greek art.
- college writing - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 12:47pm
"And that is something I can't do!!"
If "that" is something you "can't do," then scrap that idea, as Ms. Sue has told you. You should not submit something you cannot do well on your own. At some point, you'll have to perform on your own, possibly under a timed situation, and then you'd bomb out! Better to do something you KNOW you're good at and can do well on your own. Independence and self-motivation in your own learning will become more and more important as time goes on.
- college writing - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 12:49pm
- college writing - y912f, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 1:39pm
ok. thanks guys. research paper it is.
i think in either 10th or 11th grade in history i had to write a paper on Prophet Mohammad and his teachings or something like that and I got a really good grade on it because it was a research paper and I had done my research well.
I'm going to see if I can find that, hopefully. Then I will add to it..add a lot to it because I think it's probably only 2 pages.
The reason i was thinking about a story is because I thought it would be more appropriate and interesting for an art school. I don't know how much my research paper will intereste them, but since they said I can do it, then I will.
tahnks again, I hope I find that paper.
Answer this Question
- scholarship - I need to apply to HOPE scholarship but I'm having some trouble. I...
- Question about college application - I had submitted a college application essay...
- Question - What is National Merit Scholarship Program and National Achievement ...
- English - Hi, I'm trying to start on my argumentatvie essay today and at least ...
- Writing - How do you write a personal statement for a college scholarship?
- Scholarship Essay - Why do I deserve this scholarship? 250 words or less. Any ...
- can somebody help me with this - College enrollments in the United States are ...
- Higher edu. - I hope to take a broadcasting television program in Seneca College...
- Scholarship money - Does anyone know a good website where I can compete for a ...
- University - Well so I applied to many Universities in Canada, and I applied to ...