Posted by Madison on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 10:04pm.
Are these correct?
1. A sample of gases contains three gases at the following pressures: 1.2 atm N2, 3.2 atm O2, and 0.56 atm Xe. What is the total pressure in the container?
I am pretty sure it is A. Is that correct?
2. The molar volume of a gas at STP
a. is always 22.4L
b.varies with the type of gas
c. is dependent upon the temperature and pressure of the gas
d. is directly proportional to the molar mass of the gas
e. is always 6.02 x 1023 L
I think this one is A as well.
Thank you for your help!
- Chemistry 101 - DrBob222, Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 10:13pm
Those look ok to me.
On 1, remember that Dalton's Law of Partial Pressure says that the total pressure is the sum of all of the partial pressures; therefore, 3.2 + 1.2 + 0.56 = 4.96 atm. Then significant figures comes into play. When adding, the answer may contain only to the tenths place; thus, 4.96 rounds to 5.0 atm.
- Chemistry 101 - Madison, Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 10:21pm
Thank you Dr Bob!!!!
- Chemistry 101 - kim, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 2:17pm
the valve between a 3.00-L tank containing O2(g) at 6.00 atm. and a 5.00-L containing N2(g) at 1.20 atm. is opened. Calcualte the ratio of partial pressures (O2:N2) in the container?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A gaseous mixture at a total pressure of 1.50 atm contains equal ...
- chemistry - The gases in a mixture have the following partial pressures at the ...
- chem - A 2.5L flask @ 15 degrees C cntains three gases. The partial pressure of ...
- chemistry - A 7.30-L container holds a mixture of two gases at 45 °C. The ...
- Chemistry - A 8.25-L container holds a mixture of two gases at 39 °C. The ...
- chemistry - A 8.75-L container holds a mixture of two gases at 23 °C. The ...
- Chemistry - A 9.00-L container holds a mixture of two gases at 43 °C. The ...
- chemistry - A 8.90-L container holds a mixture of two gases at 45 C. The partial...
- Chemistry - A 7.30-L container holds a mixture of two gases at 45 °C. The ...
- Chemistry - Container A holds 752 mL of ideal gas at 2.40 atm. Container B holds...