Posted by Sameul on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 7:31pm.
im stuck in this question,i tried everything but i failed... can u please help me.
find two numbers whose sum is 32 and whose product is a maximum.
please help me!!!
- grade 10 math - Reiny, Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 8:09pm
why don't you make 3 columns,
first one x, second one y, third one xy
2 30 60
3 29 87
4 28 112
until xy, or the product, becomes as large as possible.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grade 10 math - im stuck in this question,i tried everything but i failed... can...
- math - Find: Two numbers whose sum -10 and whose product is 5. ;;; x+y = -10 x...
- math - Find three positive real numbers whose sum is 52 and whose product is a ...
- math - Find two numbers (exactly) whose product is 10 and whose sum is 18.
- math - find two numbers whose product is N^2 and whose sum is a minimum
- math - Find the two numbers that multiply to the product number and add to the ...
- Math (Trigenometry) - Find two positve real numbers whose product is a maximum ...
- PreCalc - Find the maximum product of two numbers whose sum euqals 124. Let's ...
- calculus - Find two positive numbers whose product is 100 and whose sum is a ...
- math - Can you find two positive numbers whose sum and product are both 5? Round...