Posted by Nadia on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 1:24pm.
please solve by method of substitution
0.1x + 0.2y -.21=0
please give all steps to solve.I think I understand the basic concept but this is little more complicated for me. Thanks in advance
- college algebra - MathMate, Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 3:40pm
Things look a lot easier if you multiply each equation by 100 and simplify, and transpose the constants to the right hand side.
30x - 40y = 33 .....(1)
10x + 20y = 21 .....(2)
From equation (2), transpose 20y to the right and divide equation by 10 to get
10x = 21 - 20y
x = 2.1 -2y .... (3)
Substitute x into equation (1) to get
30(2.1-2y) - 40y = 33
63 - 60y -40y = 33
-100y = 33-63
-100y = -30
Substitute y=0.3 into (3) to get
Now, substitute these values of x=1.5 and y=0.3 into the original equations to make sure the solution is correct.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- math ergent please please... - 10.a)Solve the inequality x^3-5x^2+2x+8<0 by i...
- substitution method - Solve by substitution method please help me solve this. I ...
- Linear Equations - Can you please help solve this equation using the ...
- college Algebra - solve by the substitution method. 8x+3y=-40 x=48-7y THE ANSWER...
- math 098 - I made 3 f's on my tests in math 098, do you think i need to withdraw...
- math ergent please... - 10.a)Solve the inequality x^3-5x^2+2x+8<0 by i) using...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations using substitution. x + 4y = -5 3x - 8y...
- algebra - Solve by elimination method. 2r-5s=-33 5r+2s=48 Solve by substitution ...
- algebra - solve by the substitution method: 8m+n=47 m-5n=52 thank you having ...