Posted by olivia on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 7:14am.
how can companies protect their systems from physical threats such as theft?
ive put :-
.install software which only works for the company
ict - Writeacher, Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 8:24am
~~ multiple firewalls and password systems
~~ hourly or daily back-up of data to an off-site server
What else can you think of?
ict - Dr Russ, Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 8:30am
A password does not protect their systems from physical theft as the thief may not find out about the password until the item has been stolen.
Usually physical barriers are used to stop physical theft. These are sometimes referred to as 'lines of defence'. Some of these might be
Offices with a perimeter fence.
Locked doors into the building. Security systems between floors and offices.
Equipment is locked away at night or secured to the desk.
Equipment is tagged such that an alarm sounds if it is removed from a floor or out of the building. (The same sort of devices stores use).
ict - Writeacher, Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 8:40am
These responses were posted yesterday:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ICT computers - what measures can a company take to protect their equipment from...
- college - In general, think of ways that information systems add value to ...
- management information systems - can you help me with this question for example...
- Programming - How can I lock columns on Excel and keep them locked when I put ...
- ict - ive looked on the sites everyone has kindly helped with the ict homework ...
- English - 1. Her wedding was put off by her. 2. Her wedding was delayed by her. ...
- CIS 312 Information systems for Managers - What can a company do to prevent ...
- re:-Ms Sue ict - thanks Ms Sue. for ict i need to answer these questions about ...
- Transportation and Cargo Security - THIS IS THE FULL QUESTION I AM ASKED TO DO. ...
- Statistics - It is said that healthy and happy workers are efficient and ...